The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in San German, PR that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in San German, Puerto Rico and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
San German 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the San German, Puerto Rico 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by various support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in San German, PR, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your daily life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
San German, PR 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any private independently, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more crucial than every person’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in San German, PR
As you can see, the firstly produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in San German, Puerto Rico these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in San German, Puerto Rico, it would be understandable why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in San German, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in San German, Puerto Rico with professional health care suppliers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in San German, PR?
The main idea of the San German 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally very handy for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.