The 12-step program has become rather popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Reno, NV that we now understand is used more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Reno, Nevada and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Reno 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Reno, Nevada 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by different support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Reno, NV, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Reno, NV 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders ought to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Reno, NV
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Reno, Nevada nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Reno, Nevada, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Reno, Nevada
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Reno, Nevada with expert healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are normally not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Reno, NV?
The main principle of the Reno 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really handy for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.