The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Pueblo, CO that we now know is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Pueblo, Colorado and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Pueblo 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Pueblo, Colorado 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Pueblo, CO, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured prior to;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Pueblo, CO 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private separately, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders must bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules ought to be more vital than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Pueblo, CO
As you can see, the to start with developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Pueblo, Colorado these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Pueblo, Colorado, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Pueblo, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Pueblo, Colorado with professional healthcare companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Pueblo, CO?
The main idea of the Pueblo 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally very helpful for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.