The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days among people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Pittsburg, CA that we now understand is utilized more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Pittsburg, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Pittsburg 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Pittsburg, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by various support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Pittsburg, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured prior to;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Pittsburg, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of assistance from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders must remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Pittsburg, CA
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has assisted the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Pittsburg, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to gather data on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Pittsburg, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Pittsburg, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Pittsburg, California with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Pittsburg, CA?
The main idea of the Pittsburg 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the short article above and decide whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally extremely valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.