The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Pasadena, CA that we now know is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Pasadena, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Pasadena 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Pasadena, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Pasadena, CA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Pasadena, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific separately, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders must keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more crucial than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Pasadena, CA
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Pasadena, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Pasadena, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Pasadena, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Pasadena, California with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Pasadena, CA?
The primary concept of the Pasadena 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically extremely handy for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.