The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Parkersburg, WV that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Parkersburg, West Virginia and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this post!
Parkersburg 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Parkersburg, West Virginia 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by different support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Parkersburg, WV, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Parkersburg, WV 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Parkersburg, WV
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Parkersburg, West Virginia these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Parkersburg, West Virginia, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Parkersburg, West Virginia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Parkersburg, West Virginia with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you might require to consider other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Parkersburg, WV?
The main principle of the Parkersburg 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the article above and choose whether or not they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically really practical for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.