The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Parker, CO that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Parker, Colorado and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Parker 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Parker, Colorado 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Parker, CO, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Parker, CO 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more vital than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Parker, CO
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Parker, Colorado these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Parker, Colorado, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Parker, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Parker, Colorado with professional health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may require to think about other choices. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Parker, CO?
The main idea of the Parker 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically really handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.