The 12-step program has become rather popular these days among people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Palo Alto, CA that we now know is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Palo Alto, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Palo Alto 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Palo Alto, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by various support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Palo Alto, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Palo Alto, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private individually, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Palo Alto, CA
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are many different 12-step programs in Palo Alto, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Palo Alto, California, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Palo Alto, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Palo Alto, California with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other options. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Palo Alto, CA?
The main concept of the Palo Alto 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually very practical for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.