The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Newnan, GA that we now know is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Newnan, Georgia and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Newnan 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Newnan, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Newnan, GA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, which hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Apologize before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Newnan, GA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Newnan, GA
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Newnan, Georgia these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Newnan, Georgia, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Newnan, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Newnan, Georgia with professional health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other choices. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Newnan, GA?
The primary concept of the Newnan 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually extremely valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.