The 12-step program has actually become quite popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Mountain View, CA that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Mountain View, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Mountain View 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Mountain View, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that should be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Mountain View, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Apologize before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Mountain View, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders must bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules ought to be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Mountain View, CA
As you can see, the first of all developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually assisted the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Mountain View, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Mountain View, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Mountain View, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Mountain View, California with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you might need to think about other choices. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Mountain View, CA?
The primary principle of the Mountain View 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are usually very helpful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.