The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Morgantown, WV that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Morgantown, West Virginia and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Morgantown 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Morgantown, West Virginia 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Morgantown, WV, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Say sorry before anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Morgantown, WV 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any kind of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders ought to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Morgantown, WV
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Morgantown, West Virginia nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Morgantown, West Virginia, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Morgantown, West Virginia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Morgantown, West Virginia with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other choices. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Morgantown, WV?
The primary principle of the Morgantown 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally very helpful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.