The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Midwest City, OK that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Midwest City, Oklahoma and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Midwest City 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Midwest City, Oklahoma 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Midwest City, OK, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt before;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Midwest City, OK 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, implying that any type of help from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Midwest City, OK
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Midwest City, Oklahoma nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Midwest City, Oklahoma, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Midwest City, Oklahoma
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Midwest City, Oklahoma with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to consider other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Midwest City, OK?
The main concept of the Midwest City 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the article above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally extremely practical for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.