The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays among individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Metairie, LA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Metairie, Louisiana and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Metairie 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Metairie, Louisiana 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Metairie, LA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Metairie, LA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of assistance from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Metairie, LA
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Metairie, Louisiana these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Metairie, Louisiana, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Metairie, Louisiana
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Metairie, Louisiana with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other options. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to spend a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Metairie, LA?
The main idea of the Metairie 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually really helpful for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.