The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Medford, OR that we now know is used more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Medford, Oregon and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Medford 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Medford, Oregon 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Medford, OR, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Medford, OR 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders should keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules ought to be more vital than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Medford, OR
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Medford, Oregon these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Medford, Oregon, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Medford, Oregon
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Medford, Oregon with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Medford, OR?
The main concept of the Medford 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the article above and choose whether they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are usually extremely practical for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.