The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Medford, MA that we now know is used more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Medford, Massachusetts and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this short article!
Medford 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Medford, Massachusetts 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by different support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Medford, MA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Medford, MA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any specific separately, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, implying that any type of assistance from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Medford, MA
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Medford, Massachusetts these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Medford, Massachusetts, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Medford, Massachusetts
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Medford, Massachusetts with professional healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other options. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to residential ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Medford, MA?
The main idea of the Medford 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally really valuable for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.