The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Mayaguez, PR that we now know is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Mayaguez 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Mayaguez, Puerto Rico 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Mayaguez, PR, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Mayaguez, PR 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created individually from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any type of help from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Mayaguez, PR
As you can see, the to start with produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other choices. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Mayaguez, PR?
The primary idea of the Mayaguez 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically really useful for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.