The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Longmont, CO that we now understand is used more widely within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Longmont, Colorado and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Longmont 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Longmont, Colorado 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Longmont, CO, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Longmont, CO 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any specific separately, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders must remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Longmont, CO
As you can see, the to start with developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Longmont, Colorado nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Longmont, Colorado, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Longmont, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is very essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Longmont, Colorado with professional health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Longmont, CO?
The primary concept of the Longmont 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally really practical for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.