The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days amongst people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Littleton, CO that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Littleton, Colorado and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Littleton 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Littleton, Colorado 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Littleton, CO, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Littleton, CO 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any private separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of assistance from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Littleton, CO
As you can see, the to start with produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Littleton, Colorado nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Littleton, Colorado, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Littleton, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Littleton, Colorado with expert health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other options. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Littleton, CO?
The main idea of the Littleton 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally extremely helpful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.