The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Lancaster, PA that we now know is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Lancaster 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Lancaster, Pennsylvania 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Lancaster, PA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Lancaster, PA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any specific individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of assistance from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should also stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Lancaster, PA
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Lancaster, Pennsylvania these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, it would be understandable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other choices. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Lancaster, PA?
The primary idea of the Lancaster 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally extremely handy for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.