The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Lakewood, CO that we now know is used more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Lakewood, Colorado and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this short article!
Lakewood 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Lakewood, Colorado 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Lakewood, CO, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured prior to;
- Apologize before anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Lakewood, CO 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any specific individually, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Lakewood, CO
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Lakewood, Colorado nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Lakewood, Colorado, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Lakewood, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Lakewood, Colorado with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Lakewood, CO?
The primary idea of the Lakewood 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the article above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally really handy for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.