The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days amongst people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Lake Charles, LA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Lake Charles, Louisiana and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Lake Charles 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Lake Charles, Louisiana 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by various support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Lake Charles, LA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Lake Charles, LA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any specific separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also stay self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders should keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Lake Charles, LA
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Lake Charles, Louisiana nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Lake Charles, Louisiana, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Lake Charles, Louisiana
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Lake Charles, Louisiana with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Lake Charles, LA?
The primary principle of the Lake Charles 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally very practical for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.