The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Kendale Lakes, FL that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Kendale Lakes, Florida and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Kendale Lakes 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Kendale Lakes, Florida 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Kendale Lakes, FL, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have today, which disrupt your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Kendale Lakes, FL 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also stay self-support groups, meaning that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders ought to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Kendale Lakes, FL
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Kendale Lakes, Florida nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Kendale Lakes, Florida, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Kendale Lakes, Florida
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Kendale Lakes, Florida with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Kendale Lakes, FL?
The main idea of the Kendale Lakes 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise read about them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically extremely valuable for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.