The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Houma, LA that we now know is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Houma, Louisiana and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Houma 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Houma, Louisiana 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be used by different support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Houma, LA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your daily life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Houma, LA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific separately, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any kind of assistance from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Houma, LA
As you can see, the first of all produced version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually assisted the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Houma, Louisiana these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Houma, Louisiana, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Houma, Louisiana
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Houma, Louisiana with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you might need to think about other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to spend a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Houma, LA?
The primary principle of the Houma 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically very helpful for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.