The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Highland, CA that we now know is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Highland, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Highland 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Highland, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that should be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Highland, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed before;
- Apologize before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Highland, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders must keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every individual’s desires, especially when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Highland, CA
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Highland, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Highland, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Highland, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Highland, California with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to think about other choices. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Highland, CA?
The primary concept of the Highland 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise check out them in the article above and choose whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally very helpful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.