The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Hicksville, NY that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Hicksville, New York and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Hicksville 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the Hicksville, New York 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Hicksville, NY, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Hicksville, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created individually from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Hicksville, NY
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Hicksville, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Hicksville, New York, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Hicksville, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Hicksville, New York with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to consider other alternatives. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Hicksville, NY?
The main idea of the Hicksville 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally very useful for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.