The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Hesperia, CA that we now know is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Hesperia, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this post!
Hesperia 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Hesperia, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Hesperia, CA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Hesperia, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of assistance from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Hesperia, CA
As you can see, the first of all developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Hesperia, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Hesperia, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Hesperia, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Hesperia, California with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to consider other choices. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Hesperia, CA?
The primary idea of the Hesperia 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually really handy for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.