The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Hawthorne, CA that we now understand is used more commonly within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Hawthorne, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Hawthorne 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Hawthorne, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Hawthorne, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Hawthorne, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules ought to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Hawthorne, CA
As you can see, the first of all developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Hawthorne, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Hawthorne, California, it would be understandable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Hawthorne, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Hawthorne, California with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other choices. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Hawthorne, CA?
The primary principle of the Hawthorne 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also read about them in the short article above and decide whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually really handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.