The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days among individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Hattiesburg, MS that we now understand is used more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Hattiesburg 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Hattiesburg, Mississippi 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Hattiesburg, MS, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Hattiesburg, MS 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should also stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Hattiesburg, MS
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Hattiesburg, Mississippi these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, it would be understandable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Hattiesburg, Mississippi with expert health care providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you might need to think about other choices. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Hattiesburg, MS?
The primary concept of the Hattiesburg 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally really practical for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.