The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Harlingen, TX that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Harlingen, Texas and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Harlingen 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Harlingen, Texas 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Harlingen, TX, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Harlingen, TX 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Harlingen, TX
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Harlingen, Texas nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Harlingen, Texas, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Harlingen, Texas
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Harlingen, Texas with expert health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might need to think about other options. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Harlingen, TX?
The primary concept of the Harlingen 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally very practical for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.