The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days among people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Greenville, SC that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Greenville, South Carolina and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this article!
Greenville 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Greenville, South Carolina 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Greenville, SC, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have injured before;
- Apologize before anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Greenville, SC 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any individual separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any type of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Greenville, SC
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Greenville, South Carolina nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Greenville, South Carolina, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Greenville, South Carolina
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Greenville, South Carolina with expert health care providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to think about other choices. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Greenville, SC?
The main principle of the Greenville 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally extremely useful for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.