The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Gastonia, NC that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Gastonia, North Carolina and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Gastonia 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Gastonia, North Carolina 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Gastonia, NC, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Gastonia, NC 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders should keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Gastonia, NC
As you can see, the to start with developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Gastonia, North Carolina nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Gastonia, North Carolina, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Gastonia, North Carolina
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Gastonia, North Carolina with expert healthcare providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that low-cost, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Gastonia, NC?
The primary idea of the Gastonia 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally very valuable for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.