The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Gaithersburg, MD that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Gaithersburg, Maryland and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Gaithersburg 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Gaithersburg, Maryland 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Gaithersburg, MD, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Gaithersburg, MD 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups must constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also stay self-support groups, implying that any kind of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Gaithersburg, MD
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually helped the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Gaithersburg, Maryland these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Gaithersburg, Maryland, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Gaithersburg, Maryland
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Gaithersburg, Maryland with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are considered to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you might need to think about other options. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Gaithersburg, MD?
The primary concept of the Gaithersburg 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 actions fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically really valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.