The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular nowadays among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Freeport, NY that we now understand is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Freeport, New York and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Freeport 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the Freeport, New York 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Freeport, NY, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Freeport, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more vital than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Freeport, NY
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Freeport, New York these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to collect information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Freeport, New York, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Freeport, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Freeport, New York with expert health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other choices. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Freeport, NY?
The main concept of the Freeport 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally very handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.