The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Framingham, MA that we now know is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Framingham, Massachusetts and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this short article!
Framingham 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Framingham, Massachusetts 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Framingham, MA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt before;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Framingham, MA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Framingham, MA
As you can see, the to start with produced version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Framingham, Massachusetts nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Framingham, Massachusetts, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Framingham, Massachusetts
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Framingham, Massachusetts with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other options. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Framingham, MA?
The main idea of the Framingham 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are usually really valuable for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.