The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Fort Lauderdale, FL that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Fort Lauderdale 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Fort Lauderdale, Florida 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Fort Lauderdale, FL, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of help from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Fort Lauderdale, FL
As you can see, the first of all produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Fort Lauderdale, Florida these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with professional health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Fort Lauderdale, FL?
The main principle of the Fort Lauderdale 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically extremely valuable for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.