The 12-step program has become quite popular these days amongst people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Folsom, CA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Folsom, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Folsom 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Folsom, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Folsom, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Folsom, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of help from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders must keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Folsom, CA
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are many different 12-step programs in Folsom, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Folsom, California, it would be understandable why 12 actions have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Folsom, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Folsom, California with expert health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Folsom, CA?
The primary principle of the Folsom 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally very helpful for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.