The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays among people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Florida, PR that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Florida, Puerto Rico and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Florida 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Florida, Puerto Rico 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by numerous support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Florida, PR, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Florida, PR 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to likewise remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders must keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Florida, PR
As you can see, the first of all developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Florida, Puerto Rico these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Florida, Puerto Rico, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Florida, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Florida, Puerto Rico with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to consider other choices. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Florida, PR?
The main principle of the Florida 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically really helpful for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.