The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days among people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Fajardo, PR that we now understand is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Fajardo, Puerto Rico and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Fajardo 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Fajardo, Puerto Rico 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that should be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Fajardo, PR, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Fajardo, PR 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups should always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Fajardo, PR
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Fajardo, Puerto Rico nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Fajardo, Puerto Rico with expert healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might need to think about other options. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Fajardo, PR?
The primary concept of the Fajardo 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically really useful for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.