The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Elk Grove, CA that we now know is used more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Elk Grove, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Elk Grove 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Elk Grove, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Elk Grove, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Elk Grove, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders must remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Elk Grove, CA
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has assisted the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Elk Grove, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Elk Grove, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Elk Grove, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Elk Grove, California with expert health care providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Elk Grove, CA?
The main idea of the Elk Grove 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally extremely valuable for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.