The 12-step program has actually become quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Elizabethtown, KY that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Elizabethtown, Kentucky and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Elizabethtown 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Elizabethtown, Kentucky 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Elizabethtown, KY, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Elizabethtown, KY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of help from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Elizabethtown, KY
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Elizabethtown, Kentucky nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is really essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Elizabethtown, Kentucky with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Elizabethtown, KY?
The main idea of the Elizabethtown 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally really useful for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.