The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days among individuals with some dependency issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in East Los Angeles, CA that we now understand is utilized more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in East Los Angeles, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
East Los Angeles 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the East Los Angeles, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in East Los Angeles, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have injured prior to;
- Apologize before anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
East Los Angeles, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more crucial than every person’s desires, especially when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in East Los Angeles, CA
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually helped the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in East Los Angeles, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in East Los Angeles, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in East Los Angeles, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in East Los Angeles, California with professional health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that cheap, which is why you might need to think about other options. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger time period in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in East Los Angeles, CA?
The main idea of the East Los Angeles 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally very valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.