The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in East Honolulu, HI that we now understand is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in East Honolulu, Hawaii and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
East Honolulu 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the East Honolulu, Hawaii 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in East Honolulu, HI, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your daily life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
East Honolulu, HI 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private separately, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more vital than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in East Honolulu, HI
As you can see, the to start with created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in East Honolulu, Hawaii these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in East Honolulu, Hawaii, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in East Honolulu, Hawaii
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in East Honolulu, Hawaii with expert healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other choices. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in East Honolulu, HI?
The primary idea of the East Honolulu 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually extremely helpful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.