The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Dunwoody, GA that we now understand is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Dunwoody, Georgia and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Dunwoody 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Dunwoody, Georgia 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Dunwoody, GA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Dunwoody, GA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private individually, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of aid from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Dunwoody, GA
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Dunwoody, Georgia nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Dunwoody, Georgia, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Dunwoody, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Dunwoody, Georgia with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to think about other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Dunwoody, GA?
The primary concept of the Dunwoody 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise read about them in the post above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically really valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.