The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Columbus, GA that we now know is used more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Columbus, Georgia and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this article!
Columbus 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Columbus, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that should be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Columbus, GA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Columbus, GA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any kind of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Columbus, GA
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually assisted the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that assists people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Columbus, Georgia nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Columbus, Georgia, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Columbus, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Columbus, Georgia with professional health care providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Columbus, GA?
The main idea of the Columbus 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally very practical for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.