The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days among individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Chattanooga, TN that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Chattanooga, Tennessee and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Chattanooga 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Chattanooga, Tennessee 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Chattanooga, TN, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed prior to;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Chattanooga, TN 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any type of aid from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders ought to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more important than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Chattanooga, TN
As you can see, the to start with created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Chattanooga, Tennessee nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Chattanooga, Tennessee, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Chattanooga, Tennessee
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Chattanooga, Tennessee with expert health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Chattanooga, TN?
The main concept of the Chattanooga 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the post above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually extremely helpful for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.