The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays among people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Cedar Rapids, IA that we now know is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Cedar Rapids 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Cedar Rapids, Iowa 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Cedar Rapids, IA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Cedar Rapids, IA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also stay self-support groups, meaning that any type of assistance from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Cedar Rapids, IA
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with expert healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are normally not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Cedar Rapids, IA?
The main principle of the Cedar Rapids 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.