The 12-step program has become rather popular these days among people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Brooklyn Park, MN that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Brooklyn Park 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Brooklyn Park, MN, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed prior to;
- Apologize before anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Brooklyn Park, MN 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly remain non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any type of help from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Brooklyn Park, MN
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota with expert health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that low-cost, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Brooklyn Park, MN?
The main concept of the Brooklyn Park 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the article above and decide whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually very useful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.