The 12-step program has become rather popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Bethlehem, PA that we now know is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Bethlehem 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Bethlehem, PA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have injured prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Bethlehem, PA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Bethlehem, PA
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania with professional health care companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may require to consider other choices. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Bethlehem, PA?
The main idea of the Bethlehem 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might likewise read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally really practical for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.