The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Bakersfield, CA that we now understand is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Bakersfield, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Bakersfield 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Bakersfield, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Bakersfield, CA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Bakersfield, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, suggesting that any type of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Bakersfield, CA
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Bakersfield, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to collect information on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Bakersfield, California, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Bakersfield, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Bakersfield, California with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger time period in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Bakersfield, CA?
The main principle of the Bakersfield 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually extremely valuable for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.