The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Azusa, CA that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Azusa, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Azusa 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Azusa, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be used by numerous support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Azusa, CA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Azusa, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also stay self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Azusa, CA
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are many different 12-step programs in Azusa, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Azusa, California, it would be understandable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Azusa, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Azusa, California with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Azusa, CA?
The main principle of the Azusa 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally very handy for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.